no credit check loans
Blessing of Our Lady of the Hills PDF Print E-mail

OLHillsCampers_horsebackriding_72dpiHorseback Riding at Our Lady of the Hills Camp

 

On 14 June 1956, Bishop Vincent Waters of the Diocese of Raleigh blessed and dedicated the Catholic Assembly Grounds of North Carolina near Hendersonville. Although this property was used for various purposes over the years it is mainly remembered for being the location of Our Lady of the Hills Camp - the first racially integrated summer camp in the area. When the Diocese of Charlotte was formed in 1972, it took possession of the Catholic Assembly Grounds and the summer camp remained in operation until 1985.