|St. John Baptist de la Salle|
On June 2, 1952 Bishop Vincent Waters dedicated St. John Baptist de la Salle Church in North Wilkesboro. The first pastor was Msgr. John Roueche. This parish was chosen by Bishop Waters to be the headquarters of the Diocesan Missionary Apostolate, where new priests were assigned to live while conducting missionary work in the small mountain towns. In 1989 a new church was constucted and dedicated for the parish.